St Margaret's Queen Charlton
St. Margaret's Church Queen Charlton
The Ancient Parish Church is the oldest building in the village. It was originally Cruciform but only the North of the two Transcepts remain. The interior contains examples of late Norman work. There is evidence of excellent Early English design (c.1190 - c.1290) on the south side of the Chancel. The tower is Norman and contains a clock, made by William Bilbie of Chew Stoke in the mid 18th century. A 5 bell ring was augmented to 6 bells by contributions from local people and littery funds to celebrate the Millenium in 2000.
Holy Communion: 1st & 3rd Sundays 11.15 am
(coffee served after the service on first Sunday)
4th Sunday 11.15 am (see notices)
5th Sunday: No Service